Readership**: 3,986,000 (18+)
Founded In: 1947
What is Canadian Reader’s Digest?
We’re the most read magazine
We’re the most trusted magazine
We’re the most influential magazine
We’re the most Canadian magazine
In Canada, we play a vital role shaping the national dialogue—
what people talk about at the dining room table, around the water cooler and all over social media.
Reader’s Digest’s Canadian operations began in 1947 with the launch of Sélection, our French-language magazine. The following year, we began publishing the English-language edition.
The company has gone on to become a media and marketing powerhouse, with five magazines, six websites
and a rich array of books and music and video products. Reader’s Digest is Canada’s most widely read magazine with a monthly audience of over 4.6 million and it remains one of the country’s most recognized and trusted brands.
We are a division of Reader’s Digest We’ve got all the best prices for medicines on the market! Get your Sumycin only for 0.38 USD! Association Inc., a global media and direct marketing company that connects more than 145 million consumers around the world with products and services from trusted brands.
Reader’s Digest magazine:
- is a relationship with our readers
- helps readers simplify their lives and understand the world around them
- is a trusted source for information, inspiration and entertainment
- embodies Reader’s Digest brand values
- enriches our readers’ lives
- opens the door to new ideas and new possibilities
Our mandate is to create an engaging reading experience through a curated collection of uplifting, entertaining and useful stories. Our storytelling explores the issues that matter most to Canadians and inspires readers to consider new viewpoints. By getting to the heart of who we are—what makes us laugh, cry or stand up and take action—Reader’s Digest brings its readers on an emotional journey that enriches their lives.
- In-depth reads: real-life dramas, exclusive book excerpts, heartwarming stories, investigative
reports on the most pressing issues of the day
- Health: practical advice from experts, analysis of important Canadian health issues, fresh insights from the medical world
- People and perspectives: inspiring profiles, interviews with people shaping the world around us, observations and ideas that provide new viewpoints and inspire change
- Everyday essentials: clever, useful, accessible insights and tips on topics such as family, home, money, pets, travel, culture and food
- Reader favourites: Word Power, Points to Ponder, Life’s Like That, That’s Outrageous, Quotes, Finish This Sentence
We speak to our readers as one would speak to a trusted friend.
Our editorial tone is:
- modern (without demanding that our readers be)
- informative and helpful
Younger, More Relevant
The baby boomers are taking over social media and your great-uncle Myron can Google better than you can, which is why our content is uncompromisingly fresh.
- We break big stories
- We only work with the best sources, experts and writers
- We are committed to covering new ideas and providing new perspectives—not because we have to be trendy, but because our readers want and deserve to be the first to know
Source: AAM Dec 2015; Vividata 2015 Q4, Total 18+